View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Pierre Gotye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I probably have watched close to 70 % of the NHL games Gardiner has played in during his career. I just can't fathom how anyone can get the idea that Gardiner is more proven than ROR.... And ROR certainly takes games over. I feel you have not watched him play last year at all. He swings games with his defensive plays but he had huge offensive performances as well. I just don't get how you can get to such a conclusion if you watched both players play.
ROR pretty much joined a depleted Avalanche team straight out of the draft. Good for him.

Gardiner completed his time playing for Wisconsin after he was drafted, then got traded to Toronto. He spent some time with the Marlies before making the team last season.

I realize you have a bro-mance for ROR, and want a yacht, mansion and corporate jet in return for him, which more than a bit of an exaggerated as a return price.

But discounting Gardiner as not enough, or not worthy and uptalking your guy, as if he was the only player on the Avalanche last season, while downgrading Gardiner's contributions while saying you saw 70% of his games doesn't put a lot of merit into your biased views.

Quote:
Gardiner is a difference maker offensively. I will never deny that. He has huge offensive upside. But I am really not so sure that the defensive side ever catches up. that is the big gamble with him right now. Add his concussion and the Avs should just stay away...
So lemme get this straight: ROR the 14th place Selke candidate winner who finished -1 last year, and is a -4 in his career is far superior, to a one year Gardiner who played 20-25 minutes almost every night and finished -2 for the season on an otherwise awful Leafs team, and sucks defensively. Got it. Great comparison!

Last edited by Pierre Gotye: 02-13-2013 at 03:00 PM.