View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I am not in anyway on the Trade Ovechkin train. I still believe he will decide to do what it takes to become some semblance of his former self again.

I'm just pointing out that your simple dollars to goals analysis of why letting Semin go made sense doesn't hold water.

Adding Semin to this team and subtracting Wolski or Crabb makes this team a whole lot better and I don't think anyone would argue that.
You know damn well the analysis goes WELL BEYOND a simple $7 mil a year tag. You're a bright boy. We don't need to spoon feed you the whole sordid history of Semin in every post so it makes sense to you do we?

The fact is, the Caps weren't willing to pay $7 mil for a 20g scorer who hadn't been the best teammate and example for the younger players over many years. Ovechkin doesn't have all the baggage that Semin has. That's what ultimately lead to the team parting ways.

Sure adding Semin would be nice from a talent boost, but if he's the same guy as last year, it would be an exercise in futility. And yeah...add Semin, subtract Ribeiro....you tell me which is better for the team.