View Single Post
Old
07-08-2006, 03:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
qui gon dave summed it up well. The problems I see with Kostitsyn is that he can take shifts off, without the puck he tends to look lost or uncomfortable, his shot needs much better accuracy, he often tries to do too much (perhaps he watches Kovalev, who does this often) where he'll skate through one or two guys but he'll keep going only to lose the puck.

I don't care for him dominating. Jason Ward was one of the more dominate forwards in the AHL a few years back. Kostitsyn was still one of the youngest players on the Bulldogs (youngest player I believe was 3 months younger) He's made a lot of progress imo and while I can't say if he's ready for NHL duty full time, I expect him to see more time with the Habs this year for sure.

Like Dave says his vision is actually underrated. He can make some really great passes, that seem to catch his own players off guard. One thing I have noticed from others pointing it out is that sometimes his balance isn't that good. I've seen him take a big hit and not really move but other times I've seen him take a strong bump and he's laying on the ice. Not really sure what the problem is there but hopefully it's something he works on. I also hope to see Carbo and Muller work with him when he doesn't have the puck, get to him to stop trying to go through 3-4 people and to actually shoot more but on net.

I am concerned about his drive/desire to get involved in the play but think it's more of a consistency issue or perhaps conditioning issue.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote