View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Anth93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Gardiner played sheltered minutes ( at least in the beginning) in a run and gun system and put up points. To me Gardiner simply does not have the same value than ROR right now. That may change but he is a big risk at this point. Don't get me wrong. I really like him but I just like ROR way more.

If you want to talk +/-.... How can you explain Gardiners -5 on the Marlies that ties him for second to last place?

I never said he sucks defensively. I just project him as more of a #3 OFD than as top pairing dman from what I have seen from him. That is all..
Gardiner played sheltered minutes for like 4 games. Then he was our best defenseman and never looked back.

Gardiner is on a conditioning stint. He'll be back in a week or so and you can watch him for yourself and make a real judgement.

#3 OFD? That's one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. Jake Gardiner took over games for us and I mean single handedly brought us in to games or kept us in it. Special skater and because of that can play the PK and PP because when he has the puck, you can't take it from him.