Old
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I didn't think the Ehrhoff thing was all that bold. The odds are long on 4th rounders ever making it to the league, and he probably knew they could meet Ehrhoff's demands.
For Darcy, it was

Ehrhoff obviously said no to the Islanders contract offers, so a risk was taken that he would say yes to whatever Darcy offered. It was a risk that (a) more money would help (b) Ehrhoff would view Buffalo in any better of a light than NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
The Hodgon trade was a bit more bold, certainly. I do recall, though, several stories that other teams didn't even know Hodgson could be had and Gillis saying there were only 4 or 5 players for whom they would've traded Hodgson, so that helped to limit suitors. I imagine the Avs are looking to send O'Reilly to the EC, so that helps. Still, I wouldn't be shocked if there are 10-12 teams trying to acquire him. I fear that Regier won't have the winning bid, and we'll eventually see what that bid is.
And I think, or hope, that we could see a similar situation, considering Colorado's defensive situation. What other teams can offer a better D-man than Buffalo with Sekera on in ADDITION to a top prospect?

I'm making a big guess that D ends up playing a big factor here, and I think Buffalo has the advantage there.

If the prospect is more important, other teams probably have the edge.

I do see where you're coming from wondering if Darcy will give up those pieces. I hope a few things from the Buffalo side end up making it happen:
(1) Darcy's history of trading for or liking guys like ROR -- Drury (trade), Peca
(2) The fact that Darcy has a lot more financial backing now, MAYBE making him willing to give up better assets this time around.

I know it's a little bit of a stretch.

Last edited by vcv: 02-13-2013 at 03:23 PM.