Old
02-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
I have always believed in building two-way units on the 3rd line. I like having a few forwards I can throw out there when I'm sitting on a lead or need to win an important defensive zone draw, but I've always believed that hockey games are won by scoring more goals than your opponent, emphasis on scoring goals. Checkers tend to be more effective when they can hold the puck for a while on offense, as well.
I don't disagree. And you'd never guess by what I said before, but when I coach, I'm more of a defensive guy (unless the team just isn't built to be defensive, then I adapt my game plan). I tell my players that "the only reason I want to win one to nothing is because the league won't let me win zero to negative one..."

As the Blues fan stated, the Blues have nothing but two-way lines basically. In San Jose right now, Joe Thornton gets their toughest defensive matchups, look at the team that Nalyd Psycho and I are building, Frank Nighbor is our top line center...if the best defensive forward in history isn't shutting down the other team's best, then I don't have a clue as to who is...

I'm just saying, it's ok to be adaptable if you have the understanding to make an adaptation. There's a lot of leeway in this thing, if you're thinking, you can use it...says the rookie.