Thread: Proposal: Seguin + for Ovechkin?
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
Right. Sure.

Now take into account that this is 2013, and that Ovechkin is on the hook for 76 million dollar over 9 more years after this season.

And the fact that Seguin is younger, much cheaper (and locked up for another six years) and, most importantly, well on his way to stardom.

My point is Seguin is going to get better and be better value for his contract, whereas nobody knows what the hell is going to happen to Ovechkin
again if we are going with my origion post... i am sayign i wouldn take ovechkin unless washington eats alot of his contract.

yes seguin is younger.. but ovechkin is only signed until his mid 30's. seguin will reach ufa before ovehchkin will.

boston is in a win now mold... ready to win while chara is still around... and bergeron and lucic and company are in their prime. in 5-6 years we will probably be in a rebuild mold.

im more convinced ovechkin can help a team win for the next 5-6 years then i am that seguin would help as much...

if seguin fulfills his potential... he will become what ovechkin is already... but ovechkin has to really really really struggle not to be that

i think a change of scenery could return ovechkin to status as the best player in the NHL. I doubt seguin will ever be even in the top 10. So... as long as washington eats contract... then that is why i would potentially support this deal {depending what else Boston had to add and whether Ovechkin indicated he would be favorable to joining Boston}

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote