Thread: Trade Rumors
View Single Post
02-13-2013, 03:48 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Columbus could be an option I agree, I guess it comes down to if DL wants to deal Bernier in the conference or not. If he did, you'd think Columbus would be an ideal market, as they aren't a divisional rival so less chance he burns us.

I don't see us moving him for a draft pick though, not unless it comes with a player as well, or is part of a bigger deal. We are the defending Stanley Cup champions, it doesn't make much sense to deal a key asset for something that can't help us this year. Which makes me wonder if we wouldn't target a veteran backup as part of any deal if we do one before or at the trade deadline.

i do think though that DL is likely looking for a deal that gives us sore offensive depth, but also a UFA to be defenseman that he can plug into the line up to fill some of the long-term injury gaps (or someone signed past this year if the plan is to let Scuds walk after the season).
I dont see a draft pick as the only thing coming back I see a trade like young player/high prospect winger a goalie and a pick for bernier + penner /richardson/ maybe nolan A first that can be used to get a scorer at the deadline is needed imo. We need it to flip to flames + for iggy sarich or another team that is out of it.