View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I mean don't get me wrong, you can never have too many two way threats and there's few types of players I value more than a high end defensive forward who can put up 50+ points playing tough minutes, but I'm not sure he's the answer to any of our problems, although he'd be an upgrade on either Desharnais or Eller for different reasons.

I think it's more likely going to cost Eller than Desharnais because Eller can potentially play a similar role to ROR at a fraction of the cost, and as much as I love Eller, whatever skill advantage he has is overshadowed by everything else. I just don't want to see us give up Beaulieu or something for him.
Fine, then Eller. Doesn't make much difference to me. I also don't want to give away any top prospects. In a trade for a flexible top 6 forward like O'reilly, Desharnais amd Eller are expendable.
The future of the top 6 for me is (next 5 years) is Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and one or two of Collberg, Eller, Desharnais, Leblanc, Bozon, Hudon and maybe Gionta. Probably not Leblanc, but you never know i guess.

Bottom line for me is that O'Reilly is probably better than most of these guys, and still pretty young. He'll cost more than we probably would like to pay him, but i think it would be a worthwhile gamble. i'm tired of continually going for cheap safe bet type players. If Bergevin thinks that O'Reilly is indeed as someone put it, a mike Richards-type player, he should go for it.