View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 04:36 PM
FisherKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Good post, but I think everybody who promotes the claiming of Kassian should be obligated to also suggest their favourite corresponding roster move.
I'm fine with claiming Kassian if it means trading/waiving Kaberle, for example. Because I feel like Kaberle is a goner anyway, and is redundant even for his depth defense role with Weber.

I still have enough hope for White and Weber that I wouldn't be fine with waiving one of them to make room.

I'd be fine with waiving Armstrong too, except I automatically discount that as even being a possibility, given his connection to Therrien.

The only other option is the temporary demotion of Gallagher. I'd be on the fence with that one. Maybe if I had a trade in the works that I *knew* would enable his recall, but which wasn't quite consummated yet, I could be ok with this. If it was just waiting for an injury and introducing the possibility of a recurring issue of trying to juggle for that last roster spot... then no.
Good point, but you stole my response.

My first choice would be to waive Kaberle. As you said, he's a gonner anyway, and from what I can see, he really isn't contributing anything to the team and I doubt he will in the future. Frankly, I'm not sure Weber couldn't do his job just as well (and maybe better) but that's another matter. Highly unlikely Kabs gets claimed off waivers with his contract but wouldn't it be nice if he did?

My second choice would be waiving Armstrong but, like you said, that's not going to happen. Therrien likes him, although I have no reason why. I guess it must be Armstrong's "play away from the puck" since he NEVER HAS IT. Also Bergevin signed him, and isn't about to admit he made a mistake by waiving him. Personally I'd prefer to see Blunden in his place. At least Blunden has a big body and likes throwing it around. I know Blunden isn't exactly a favorite here, but I really liked the guy for the 4th line...good size and lots of energy.

So, for me waiving Kabs is the best option, barring a trade of some sort.