Thread: Speculation: Jonathan Bernier
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 04:41 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
His Sv% was worse last year (.909) than his pervious season (.913) and in two games this year (extremely small sample) he has a 5.64GAA and .884Sv%. What is it about him that suggests to you he's ready to be a #1 goaltender?

He's a small goaltender - by today's standards - at 5'11" and his numbers don't jump out at you. I watch LA games, but with not enough regularity to catch more than a couple of Bernier's starts a year.. but he's never really impressed me.
a quick look from tsn tell me says his goals against is 2.65 in two games. The first one was a relief appearance so he was thrown into a game with little prep.Also his frist nhl game in 10 months to say he was a little rusty is a understatement. He gave up 3 of his 4 goals on the pp which i honestly couldnt blame him for the goals. His second game however was against the blues which he won 4 1 and was poised and calm on all shots. His rebound control was back to normal. All this man needs is to be played on some sorta regular bases and he will better his stats. Only a matter of when not if.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote