Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
ult

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namejs View Post
I can't remember hundreds of sites I've visited throughout the day from the top of my head, so sorry for the mistake. That's surely not an official site, but it's the only source I could find. If you can provide a more reliable source, be my guest.
Already did, pay attention next time.

Quote:
LOL. You're still not getting the point. Why are you mentioning Riga all the time? The tickets here are too cheap as well, relative to the budget the team has.
Because both teams are among the most expensive places to watch hockey in Eurasia.

Quote:
Source?
Math.

Quote:
GDP is not a measure of personal wealth, but there's a strong correlation between the GDP levels and personal wealth. So as long as we don't have any official data regarding the average salary in Riga or Khabarovsk, that's the only reliable piece of data we can currently use. In any case, as I already have repeatedly said, Riga IS NOT a suitable place to host an elite-level ice hockey team.
Then I guess you're trying to say that the only place suitable is USA with their inflated prices?

Anyway, here is the official data about salaries in Khabarovsk. http://news.mail.ru/inregions/fareas...mics/11005536/

Riga won't take you long to google. Especially in Latvian.

Quote:
Once again, you haven't provided any sources, so all of your numbers are worthless.
So you want me to post tens and tens of links in a single post? I think I'm wasting enough time on you already as it is.

Quote:
What 4 million? Also, the budget is 17 million, with most professional teams (in the NHL, for instance) earning the bulk of their income through ticket sales. Even if the 4 mln figure is correct, it's nowhere near being profitable.
LOL at having the nerve to correct the budget figure.

Source for the budget pls! Now that is actually the closed information, compared to info about average salaries, ticket prices and attendances. So take your time.

Quote:
Also, what TV, merchandise and sponsor money are you talking about?
If you don't know what the merchandise or advertising is - look it up in dictionary.

Quote:
I genuinely don't understand what you're saying in the 2 paragraphs above.
Don't worry, it was meant to cheer up others, I didn't expect your answer anyway.