Thread: Make a move?
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I don't think any of the youth should be moved at this point. I read about how it's so important to acquire a number one defenseman, but when acquiring one practically guts your entire farm system and depletes your draft picks, it's not worth it. I'd rather have Cousins and Laughton on the team. I'd rather keep the multiple first round picks that it's going to cost to acquire said defender.

What the Flyers need is a competent person in the system who can help any of the defensive prospects in our system make it to the next level. For over 10 years now, the Flyers have consistently traded to acquire defensemen. Not one has been homegrown and developed. It's sad and pathetic and it speaks to how defensemen are being used in our system. It's time to get rid of the guys who have been working with the young prospects for the past 10 to 15 years and replace them with someone who actually has a track record of developing defensemen. I'm glad that Terry Murray is in Adirondack and he should be able to help the young d get on track, but he needs more help than what's available down there. Get Murray another competent coach to work with the d prospects and the Flyers will start grooming good and adequate defenders.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote