Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [PIT/WPG] Eric Tangradi for a 7th round pick in 2013
View Single Post
02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
You mean the same team that is desperately looking for an effective "3rd wheel" on a line with either Malkin/Neal or Crosby/Kunitz? The same team that just took a shot on a guy they picked up on waivers who couldn't crack a thin Canes line-up over the last couple of years?

PITT would have LOVED for Tangredi to develop, but he just didn't. To say he hasn't a chance over the last couple of years is just ludicrious. He's had a ton of opportunity, but he never showed he was capable of stepping up and being a positive contributor.

I'm not ripping on either Canes or Pens. Sometime (often times) prospects just can't adapt to the speed and size of the NHL. There's no shame in that, but I just don't agree with the thought that he didn't get a chance in PITT.
He never once had an extended period of time with either Crosby or Malkin. He'd get a few shifts, then go back to the 4th line. This year was slightly better than the previous ones, but he never played with Crosby this year. Was either with Malkin and Neal or on the 4th line. He averaged 8 minutes this year, and only 3 times this year or last year did he see more than 11 minutes of icetime in a game. I'm sorry, but when you're trying to develop a player, this isn't the way to do it.

Basically Bylsma can't develop players, as he never gives them a shot, and will sit them if they screw up. Look at Strait for a perfect example. The same thing was happening with Tangradi and is happening with Jeffrey.

So while Tangradi might not have the tools to become a solid NHL player, neither did we set him up for success.

I've been looking for trouble... but trouble hasn't been cooperating!
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote