Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Boston
View Single Post
02-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
And just to clarify, I'm not trying to come off as some pretentious Rangers elitist. It's just that many of the band wagoners I come across aren't casual fans. They're venom spewing tyrants who love to start arguments and belittle other teams.
Had some guy at MSG tell me I was a bandwagon fan and "don't know anything about hockey" simply because I was wearing a Nash shirt at the game vs the Isles.

I was literally just walking in front of him and he started going off to his buddy about "i hate these bandwagon fans, we get a new player and now they're interested (then to me) hey buddy, bandwagon fans like you should just watch the game at a hooters or something"

Then he started to tell me I didn't know anything about hockey and I was a ****** because I started laughing. Little does he know I've played since I was 8, playing AAA travel my whole life, junior b and junior A and have recently graduated from college, where I played all 4 years. On top of my hockey experience, I have literally watched every single rangers game since I was a kid, dad has season tickets so I attend 20 games a year or so. I'm a tremendous die-hard fan.

All because I was wearing a Nash shirt. Just saying, don't be so quick to judge lol. At least let them show their ignorance before you label them a bandwagon fan.

Funniest part is he was probably a bandwagoner himself. I doubt he suffered through the dark years (which were basically my formative years as a fan).

Sorry for the long post lol (for the record I hate ignorant "fans" who only come around when we're winning)

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote