View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Honestly I think Kassian would be a good pickup for us. He doesn't have to play every game, but what happened against Toronto is going to happen against other teams. This isn't a wimpy group like it was last year...Everyone was ready and willing to drop against Toronto (except Moen and Armstrong, it seemed). But they just aren't a fighting group. Gallagher and Gorges cannot be dropping against guys 5+ inches taller and 40 lbs heavier.

If we don't pick up Kassian, an already tough team will and it will make it that much tougher to play them. Boston needs a new heavy with Thornton out, I bet they make a claim.

I can totally see it...We pass, and a team that already has a bunch of tough guys will claim Kassian and everyone will groan because they know it's going to be hell to play them.

I mean seriously guys...There's no way that Toronto plug should have been allowed to play carefree the rest of the game after dropping Gallagher. That cannot happen ever again. Prust is great and will fight anyone but he isn't going to win every fight.
Thanks.

I can't believe how people just don't find it unacceptable that we were ran over all game long against Toronto. It's not a matter of overreacting about one game. It's about the fact that a lot of teams are going to end up taking the same liberties.

Players said that it was great to see everyone stand for each other. I didn't find it ok. Gallagher dropping the gloves should never have to happen, especially against guys 4-5 inches taller than he is.

That being said, it's as if some people here would rather keep Yannick Weber instead of addressing this urging need asap. We have to make sure that what happened never happens again.