Thread: Injury Report: 2012-2013 Injury Thread
View Single Post
02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Peter the Great
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I know if I got hit so hard in the head that I got a concussion and ran into the boards because I was woozy, the first thing I'd do is hit my team's elder statesman and mentor with the bench, and then start throwing **** around and have a fit.

Wait, no that's not true, the first thing I'd do is try to get off the ice so I could sit down somewhere.

EJ must be some kind of frankenstein creation if that's how he reacts. "I'm severely injured, and can't tell where I am or what I'm doing right now! Arrrgggghhhhhhh!"
It's not that surprising he would act that way if he realized he just got hurt. I've never had a concussion but I'm guessing everyone reacts differently and develops symptoms differently. Landeskog was cleared by the trainers/doctors, finished the game, and now hasn't played since. It's not automatic that as soon as EJ gets hit in the head, he has a concussion and starts feeling like **** immediately.

I haven't watched the replay so I don't remember him skating into the boards but he was moving very slowly after the hit. However, he stayed on the ice and blocked the point shot before he went off so I think he knew where he was and what he was doing.

Poor Giguere. With our luck, I'm surprised he didn't suffer a concussion.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote