View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
There is no team in this whole league that has to go through this kind of game as often as Montreal. It will happen again. It happened before, it happened this week, it'll happen again.

Tinordi is a very good prospect, but if you think he's on pace to become an intimidating presence out there, you might be in for a disappointment. The guy is far from mastering this part of the game as of now.

I'm not a HW fighter lover. I don't particularly like Kassian. But the rules of the game have been set in this division. And we HAVE to follow them if we want to play the same game.
A game like Toronto? Sorry, no way. That happened because we were being killed by goals, not fists. We weren't just randomly mugged by the Leafs, we lost it and started acting out. But how often do we get creamed 6-0? If the score didn't get so whacky none of the ensuing crap would've happened. I don't see us being totally dominated on the scoreboard like that very often, and so I don't see this enforcer having much to do, except in games like that (and when we win 6-0!).

Now, I'll repeat, I agree with you that we DO get pushed around and need to respond to that dynamic. I think that's the rule of the game we have to follow more. Not fighting, but pushing back. Our D has to punish their forecheckers much more. I'm not as worried about our forwards as long as we have enough guys willing to crash the net, which we actually do. We're scoring goals. But if we're responding to teams like Boston, the guys who will engage Lucic and Horton are our defensemen. A guy like Tinordi doesn't have to fight them, he just has to use his size to stop them.