View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
13th Floor

vCash: 500
I am not a fan of this. 2 main reasons:

1. If they make it so the top 4 in the conference make the playoffs, they need to add wild cards. Make it top 3 in each conference and then 4 wild cards or something. It is unfair to teams in a strong division. Every single year teams with better point totals are going to be left out of the playoffs compared to playoff teams in another conference. I know this exists with the two conferences already, but why maximize that? This is the reason why the other 2 sports that award playoffs based on division winners (MLB, NFL) have wild cards. They even added a wild card in the MLB because teams like the Blue Jays hardly stand a chance. They can win 90 games and come in 4th in the division and never sniff the playoffs. The idea is to balance.

2. I don't like playing out of your division in the playoffs to start. I get it, there will be playoff rivalries every year. But it prevents the possibility of these happening in the late rounds. So Devils/Rags in ECF last year never happens again? Not a fan.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote