View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 06:22 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Quote:
- A WWE source notes that while many fans have complained at the idea of having John Cena vs. The Rock II at WrestleMania 29 this year and have suggested other opponents for Cena and Rock, no match is going to make the company more money and sell more pay-per-views than Rock-Cena II. Because of this, many people within WWE would be very surprised if Cena-Rock II didn't happen this year.
Source: lordsofpain

Rematches back-to-back years don't usually draw well. Most recently, Taker-HBK II at WM26 didn't draw so well compared to previously. Taker-HHH last year was a rematch under a fresh Rock/Cena program, so I don't know how much WM29 will draw in terms of buys, but with the second top match most likely featuring ANOTHER rematch, I don't see Wrestlemania 29 doing as well in PPV buys compared to WM28.

And off the top of my head, Brock-Rock would do MORE buys than Cena-Rock IMO, Rock-Taker would, Cena-Taker and probably Brock-Taker too. I have a feeling at least ONE of those matches are being saved for WM30 though.