Old
07-08-2006, 06:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattray View Post
Great post. I'm not a Rangers fan at all but I loved tuning into Jagr's games last year. I thought Poti had made durastic steps defensively this past year. Because of this, his offense struggled at times. He's only 29 years old and just entering his prime years as a player.
He might be entering his prime but he is what he is. He defense might have improved but he is hardly a decent defensive player. Improving from where he was really isn't saying much. And this biggest problem he has is heart and desire and willingness to do the dirty work in his own zone. And that is just not a muturity issue.

Quote:
If he takes the D he learned last year and brings back his old offensive self (48 pts), he could turn into a decent dman.
Againl, he went from being an atrocious defensive player to being a barely serviceable defensive player. And the idea of him providing offense is really more of a myth than anything in reality. He averages about 30 points a season that is not offensive defenseman numbers. Not only that, but his point totals have gone down each season since he had 48 points.

Quote:
You Ranger fans are too hard on your players. Nobody's going to break out when you have all of MSG yelling everytime he touhces the puck. Its no wonder you havnt won squat in years. Give the guy a break.
Nope. All we ask is a player to play hard and make a true effort shift after shift. And I don't think that is too much to ask.

And if Pens fans are so supportive, why is it that you "haven't won squat" (besides draft lotteries) in a longer time than the Rangers?

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 07-08-2006 at 06:39 PM.
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote