Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets Acquire Tangradi From Penguins
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 07:13 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Why don't you tell us what you would do as Jets GM. You know, something realistic.

At least Cheveldayoff is actively trying to improve organizational depth without giving too much up. Some stuff works some doesn't. The James Wright pick up looks pretty damned good right now and it cost us nothing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I guess you are waiting for him to get a top 6 forward for a 7th rounder?
The NHL has many players that have significantly developed after being drafted late , picked up after being cut , traded for low value . Hard to not think you wouldn't use a future 7th round pick for Eric Tangradi now imo.

Could be a serviceable bottom end guy with great size , or a plus player for his role and minutes. That isn't worth a 7th?

Personally I like that Chevy is churning , acting on those opportunities when it is there and right. Just because we haven't had a splash , doesn't mean we won't . I believe Cheveldayoff will be aggressive and that will be now through year three. Doesn't mean he can't get us better in other ways , plus it should send a message to the players . Good to hear some players comment in essence saying they need to play with some urgency.

1290 just said Bobby Mac says Pony is traded , not confirmed.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote