Old
02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
To replace whom?

I think unless the big club gets majorly depleted by injuries, all 3 of these guys will be spending at least this season in Providence, barring a possible emergency call-up.

Not to discredit any of them ... Spooner and Krug have been excellent. But I just don't see where they fit right now with the team relatively healthy and winning.

Next season is going to be tight as well if Chiarelli re-signs Horton and Ference, which I expect he will...
2013-Spooner next year will replicate Krejci first year in Boston- top 9 insurance capable of playing on one of three center spots should Krejci, Bergeron, or Kelly go down. Like Krejci he'll be 'getting his atbats in as they say' in Providence only a 45 minute ride up the highway.

my Spooner time line

2013- insurance but they'd rather have him down there, call up after season if no injuries

2014- high end insurance- ready to contribute but needs to play and will doing that in Providence until needed and be ready to step right in

2014-15 full time center on one of three lines (Kelly last year of contract if still here will be winger or 4th liner depending on Campbell but will still be valuable and get minutes and I know its a lot to pay a bottom 6 but thats what he is now and Spooner is going to be still making under a mil on rookie contract)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote