View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Was watching some of the blades game last night in between the Habs. Dietz had a nice assist on the 1st goal. Thrower should have had a nice assist as he feed Burns who flubbed the puck in what would have been a tap in goal but on the other hand he made another mistake in his own end while trying to get the puck out of his end. I've seen him to do this several times, as he seems to make high risk decisions with the puck in front of his goalie that will need to be addressed when he becomes a pro.

Should be an interesting off-season since we have a number of contracts set to expire, as many of these guys won't be back imo,

Noke, Schultz, Blunden, Budaj, Armstrong, St-Denis, Weber, DeSantis, Geoffrion, Mayer, Stejskal.

So if most of those guys aren't back next season (none are under contract for next season to date) that would free up a number of spots, so how they get filled should be interesting. We should have Kristo, Dietz and Thrower as pros, and then they will have to decide on what to do with Nygren, Archambault, Pribyl, and Walsh, plus I could see Bennett turning pro.
Do you see Montreal not offering Geoffrion a contract? If I was guessing, I'd say Geoffrion has a couple more years before they give up on him and if he isn't good enough for the NHL then I would think they would offer him an AHL contract. 4 generations, 2 of them Hall-of-Famers has to have some value for a traditional team like us.