Old
12-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I think that your level of surprise is the most shocking thing here Miz.

Woywitka's name is one of the most frequent names to appear on this message board, and the trade was very similar to the Ducks offer which KLo felt wasn't enough coming from a western team.

Was anyone else shocked by the trade at all?

I don't disagree with your evaluation of the overall deal, except to say that there weren't going to be any valuable "here and now" assets that would be considered an upgrade over our current top 6 forwards or top 4 d. Not for a defensively and vertically challenged malcontent with a bigger ego than Bobby Clarke. The Oil aren't lacking in depth at all so a combo of mediocre fwds/d-men would just be waste of time.

Personally I would have rather seen Carter or Getzlaf but obviously Comrie wasn't enough to get us any of those guys.
The trade with Anaheim was actually worse than we thought. Edmonton would have had add a draft pick in addition to Comrie.

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...1-9A4404FC844F