Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets Acquire Tangradi From Penguins
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 09:41 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
For me, the jury is still out on Chevy.....Scheif could as easily turn out to be a career AHL player as a top 6 in my opinion......most of his moves have failed...Fehr, Mietennen, Poni were all duds, wright, peluso and clitsome are non factors.....I like jokinen but he hasnt found his stride yet (i realize its early)......montoya scares me.

has he added a single piece to the puzzle yet?.....i understand that some patience is needed, but he hasnt done anything to actually gain my confidence.....He hasnt made the team better in any real way.

hopefully his legacy will be an amazing draft guy.....maybe scheifele gets stronger on his skates and becomes a star.....but in my opinion, its way too early to say "This team is going to be something special in several years."

there is very little evidence to support that.

man, can someone re-size that picture...
All of those guys you mentioned cost the Jets relatively nothing, as they were cheap 1yr contracts or waiver wire pickups. Jokinen is a upgrade over our other centremen, even though he has yet to make his offense dominate the scorecard. Montoya is on a 1yr, 805k contract because he's still a decent backup and the Jets really had nothing else to go after in terms of goalies.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote