View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
But he is playing more than 18 mins a night!?

By you insinuating that they are trying to teach him some sort of undeserved lesson, is in fact a conspiracy theory. So....

Think what you will, but I'd like him to play that a bit better. I don't want his stick flailing, I want stick on stick and body on body there. I would feel the same if it were Markov or Bobby Orr making that play. I was just guessing as to why he got benched late in the game there anyways, so try not to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Your words:

He was definitely not leeching. The guy is a smart and skilled player. He knows how to distribute the puck and contributed fairly to the PP.

I'm not crying over here, but there's no need for a lot of the crap you're sprinkling onto your posts.

Well my opinion is that Markov was top 5-6 in the league in his prime, and right now top 10-15 at the very least. I'd probably rate him in the top 7-10 dmen without putting too much thought into it.

I see him as a freak athlete, a beast who can log big minutes without tiring, a lot of skill but lacking awareness. There are more than a few dmen 25 and under that are simply much better defencemen than him. Not many guys that can match up to him athletically, but between the ears, he just doesn't have their ability.
Putting you on the spot isn't really my intention, but for the sake of argument, who are these under 25 D who are clearly better than PK. Pietrangelo, Doughty and Karlsson are obvious.