Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Namejs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I hope Slovaks, Czechs, Swedes, Finns, Russians etc will have the same attitude sooner than later.

What is bad at developing model KHL (Dinamo Riga) - latvian league and MHL A (HK Riga, Metallurgs or so) - MHL B (Riga Juniors) - latvian jr league?

You have the same model in USA: NHL-AHL- minors, NCAA-USHL-etc
Canada has the same system: NHL-minors, CHL (W,Q,O) - local jr leagues. Swedes has Elitserien-Allsvenskan-Division 1 etc, if they had KHL team, model would be KHL-Elitserien-Allsvenskan-Division 1

Whats the problem? Latvia is not the coutry, which national league can be elite league of Europe. Latvian league must be a developing league like slovak, czech, Elitserien, SM-Liiga.
In the context of Latvian hockey, my priority isn't to participate in an elite hockey league, the priority is to develop the Latvian hockey pyramid in a way that ensures the growth of hockey in Latvia in the long term and facilitates player growth from top to bottom. The KHL doesn't do that. I couldn't care less about Dinamo Riga, I care about the number and quality of Latvian hockey players.