View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 10:37 PM
x GreatKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
No, I agree with you, didn't like the trade much myself. But again, it was a sideshow to a greater problem within the decision-making process of the team at the time.

It also wasn't a hockey trade, but the straight up dump of a player by an organization that struggled to objectively assess talent on it's own team.

The Oilers handled it poorly, but Souray was just as culpable in the proceedings. Injuring himself a week before the trade deadline in a petty revenge fight, and then turning the entire proceedings into a public circus show so that 29 other teams wanted nothing to do with his contract, not even on re-entry waivers.

The 1st was the point in what was pretty clearly a rebuilding move. Always figured Tuebert was a throw-in, and was suprised they managed to get a 1st for Penner in the first place(I'm probably not the only one out there that was suprised either.)

A bad trade? Maybe - Penner is setting the bar low, and Kelfbom is still a ways away.
It's amazing how many people can't remember this. Souray did himself no favours by fighting (again) and getting injured from fighting (again).

x GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote