View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 10:52 PM
WingedWheel1987

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
How is Holland responsible for Kronwall not being able to play defence? He's not asking him to do anything, Babcock is the one who decides who gets what ice-time in what role. The rest of the defence are all + players with the exception of him and his partner. Some of that is match-ups but sooner or later we're going to have to admit Kronwall just isn't very good in his own end. He needs a shutdown guy like Ericsson with him or he'll continue to give up goals.

Quincey is in the top 20 defenders in the entire NHL in +/- so saying he makes the team worse is just your own personal bias that has no basis in fact.

You may not like Quincey's contract but in reality 3.775 is pretty much average for a middle pairing defenceman. He's been at worst #3 on the Wings depth chart this season, so I don't know how you can say he isn't a top 4 guy.
He is top four by default. He should not be in the top four on a team with a good defense.

Kronwall was labeled as the best d-man on the team by management and fans. He is being forced to do too much and because Kronwall doesnt want to let anyone down he is trying to live up to those expectations. I don't think it's fair to completely blame Kronwall. He has definitely sucked, but a good deal of that sucking has to do with who he is playing with and unrealistic expectations.

You switch Kronwall with Quincey and i can confidently say that Kronwall will look like the old Kronwall.

Quincey would get you into Seth Jones territory.

Remember the Sharks series and people were excited about how well Kronwall was playing? Fans thought Kronwall had taken the next step. Fast forward to the next season and his minutes and responsibilities go up and he looks like crap. You could argue he regressed, but he just isnt good enough to handle the additional ice time and responsibilities.

He is a #2 dman who is being forced to do way too much.

Last edited by WingedWheel1987: 02-13-2013 at 10:59 PM.