View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 10:52 PM
NLHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Streit is of course totally the wrong way we should go on our D.

I'd basically stand pat. Markov, Emelin, Subban, Gorges, Diaz is the core. If I paid out for a new guy, it would be a bigger meaner new guy, not Streit. There aren't many bigger meaner guys of any quality available, however. Maybe I'd scrounge up somebody with more of a depth persona, like Erskine. But save the bigger money for a forward, probably. Lacking alternatives. It would seem kind of pointless to buy out Kaberle and then turn around and sign Streit.
Douglas Murray and Robyn Regehr would probably be the better targets this offseason for the Habs defensive needs. They can play third pairing, add some size, and play the PK. Rob Scuderi and Toni Lydman would be other options that will cost more and be higher up the depth chart. John Erskine and Andrew Alberts could be two targets for the #7 dman spot as veterans with size and don't hurt the team when they are needed to step into the lineup. Although a trade for a top 3 dman to play with Markov and Subban, and push the others down the depth chart would be awesome to shore up the defensive unit.