View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 10:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
We are 50% reaching the NHL from the 2007 draft, and if Campbell plays with the Kings in the coming days, that would be 5/9 from the 2008 draft already having played in the NHL. As for 2009, we already have 3 of 10 picks reaching the NHL, and of the other 7 players only one (Michael Pelech) is likely written off as having a possible NHL future.

If Kitsyn comes over and Weal can adjust to the pro rigors, we could easily go five for five in 2010 as well.

Still hard to say how things will play out for sure, but 2009 and 2010 could be really special drafts when all is said and done. maybe no star players (though that is possible as well with Toffoli, Schenn, etc.) but there could be a long list of regular NHLers coming from those two drafts.
Absolutely true.

I was trying to be seem less "optimistic" but why bother. You are perfectly right, we could see much higher than 50% and anything over that is just astronomical. I was going to post the entire MF and co draft from 07 through 12 and give my opinion(s) on each player and which I think will make the nhl but I think I have done allot of posting lately and am better taken in small doses.

To me, it starts with drafting talented players and getting them to the NHL. If they make it to the NHL then that is a success in my opinion on one level.

Then it is about drafting players who can replace or improve existing positions and the need presents itself (or a combination of the two).

If you can do that 1/3 of the time you are considered good at your job as an NHL scout. If you can do that 40% of the time you are exceptional and anything over that makes you elite imo.

We are already exceptional and are about to become elite or at least we are the way I see things.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote