View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
As in who would be a more effective player right now? That's a good question, I think I go PK with that one because I'm not sure if Jones is thick enough to be physically dominant. But I'd trade Pk for him in a heartbeat. He will be better than Pk by his second season at the latest imo.
You could very well be right. I'm all for trading vets for elite prospects btw.

But PK is a 23 year old stud not a 34 year old vet. The potential beneficial difference between Jones and Subban doesn't warrant the risk in my opinion. I believe in calculated risks designed to maximize diminishing assets but that's not the case here. You'd be risking a stud blueliner (and he is a stud blueliner already) for a guy who hasn't played an NHL game.

I love the idea of trading for Jones. I love the idea of trading for top picks. But not with 23 year old proven studs who we're going to build our blueline around. That's actually not a good risk to take.

Dude, you've actually got me to say that I wouldn't trade for a 1st overall pick. That's not easy for folks to do.

Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
That's fine. I do. 6'6" that can skate, has skill, plays tough and has great hockey sense? Come on.
I didn't say he sucked.

Over PK though? No.