View Single Post
Old
02-13-2013, 11:28 PM
XX
It's finally over

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Because if the accused doesn't want to go quietly in this game of cat and mouse then law enforcement is left with no choice, especially when that same person has killed 4 people and 2 of them are police officers. Dorner had plenty of chances to turn himself in and to surrender without getting shot and it was clear that based on his manifesto that he wasn't going to go quietly.
We have this thing called Due Process. They did not attempt to subdue him, or enter the cabin. It's a dangerous precedent to set, although this has happened before. Burning people alive has no place in a civilized society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
That's why I don't like the military flyovers at sporting events.
If we are going to pay over a billion per B2 stealth bomber, we may as well see the damn things every now and then.

Quote:
I'm probably in the major minority with this, but our military should be a last resort. I want us out of Afghanistan
I don't think anyone wants to be there. A very, very small portion of the population actively cheers for war. But what's done is done. We cannot simply leave and watch a whole lot of people who switched to our side be slaughtered because they aren't ready. Afghanistan was once a very prosperous and beautiful place, even somewhere popular with tourists. Decades of war and extremists have ruined that. We haven't exactly helped. The only thing worse than starting a war is leaving the country worse off than how you found it. If the period after WWI and how Germany was treated has taught us anything, it's that you need to see things through. It's not a sexy catch phrase like "bring the troops home!" but it's the least we can do for that country.

Quote:
But since we did it in Iraq, why aren't we doing it in Syria, why aren't we doing it in North Korea, why aren't we doing it in Iran?
All three of those countries will collapse without a shot being fired. Syria is already in the middle of it. Iran is mostly young and westernized, so it's only a matter of time. North Koreans are eating each other to stay alive, and China is finally tired of their ****. Don't interrupt your enemies when they are making mistakes.