View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You could very well be right. I'm all for trading vets for elite prospects btw.

But PK is a 23 year old stud not a 34 year old vet. The potential beneficial difference between Jones and Subban doesn't warrant the risk in my opinion. I believe in calculated risks designed to maximize diminishing assets but that's not the case here. You'd be risking a stud blueliner (and he is a stud blueliner already) for a guy who hasn't played an NHL game.

I love the idea of trading for Jones. I love the idea of trading for top picks. But not with 23 year old proven studs who we're going to build our blueline around. That's actually not a good risk to take.

Dude, you've actually got me to say that I wouldn't trade for a 1st overall pick. That's not easy for folks to do.

Congratulations.

I didn't say he sucked.

Over PK though? No.
If Subban actually lacked hockey sense and that held back his effectiveness I might agree with him.

But since Subban is tremendously effective at basically everything you can reasonably ask a defenseman to do then its not.

Hedman deserves more respect than he gets though. I have him better than the likes of Myers and Carlson, perhaps better than McDonagh. People have no idea how much his supposed bad results last year was due to the crazy degree that Tampa Bay leaned on him last year. He and OEL should be in the same conversation as Subban, but Subban is probably better. Principly because neither have Subban's ridiculous versatility.

The only young guys Subban should be considered behind are Doughty, Pietroangelo and Karlsson and Subban is very closely comparable to Doughty in effectiveness. And those aren't just the best young defensemen in the league, they are a group of some the very best defensemen period. The list of guys over 25 better than them is very small.