Old
02-14-2013, 12:59 AM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
My thoughts.

- The idea of a group called the Southsiders who does this kind of thing is cheesy as hell

- I'm really on the fence about the actual discussion. On one hand, in terms of WATCHING games on TV, I appreciate a good, loud, playoff-like atmosphere. I get why that's important, I really do, and the crowds have definitely been more dead than they probably should be.

However, as a member of a crowd watching hockey, or a guy in the stands watching, and on a purely selfish level, I totally hate hockey crowds and obnoxious *ssholes screaming at the top of their lungs and commenting on every thing as it's happening like they know what the **** they're talking about. And while I understand that the atmosphere might be more important than my own feelings, it still kind of annoys me in that someone who actually cares about hockey is going to want to be invested and focused on every moment of the actual game rather than extracurricular things, but will be discouraged in favor of the groupies.

In a perfect world, you would have a great atmosphere while also having the freedom to buy a ticket, quietly and innocently watch a game in person and not feel obligated to scream like a jack-***. Not sure that's realistic, though.

I don't even like to watch TV hockey in a group of people-- listening to people moan every time the game's not going exactly their way is like pulling teeth.

I only want atmosphere if they look like ants from my perspective-- I personally think it's a bit of an ugly and annoying thing up close and personal.
Exactly... and this can be extrapolated to nearly every interaction I have with large groups of people.

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote