View Single Post
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
dialed in your mom
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to judge the kid. It's Minnesota High School Hockey. There is almost for sure some sort of politics involved and more to the story than has gotten out. I went through the MHSH years ago and even then it was more about who you knew and what your family was willing to do, like having the coaches over for dinner, or transfering to a different school to get playing time. It's even worse now than it was then. There was a story about 3 years ago in city I live in where a kid was legally adopted by an assistant coach at a high school so the kid could transfer schools and avoid sitting out 1 full season after transfering schools within city limits... A rule that was put into effect because a guy I grew up with switched schools twice in 4 years just to play for the better team...
Very much this^.

I just got back from a moth traveling through MN ND and CO following NCAA and HS hockey and unless you have experienced it up close you really haven't any idea of how much HS hockey is like God Jesus and the Devil all rolled into one out there.

I am not saying one thing either way about the kid but I can tell you that the kids there are playing with tons of pressure. I mean it is like Permian and Odessa High School Football in Texas on steroids in front of the pope.

Crazy fun but super intense.

For a kid letting is his freak flag fly and go trolling, he does it big time. I'll give him that much.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote