View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Episode was attrocious. If i wanted pathetic repetitive laughs i'd just lob out my **** in the middle of the high street.

The whole episode is so ridiculously slap stick ; every bad joke is perpetuated over and over again. Why does every joke or character issue have to be over emphasised to the point where it isn't funny?

Ted's Girlfriend has anger issues ... we get it. So she gets angry at a sports event, they bang, she destroys his house, they bang, she presumably sets something on fire in the future, they bang ... they stay together for awhile ... they bang. Because all this is witty clever comedy.

Robin has issues with children ... we get it. So no one has realised this in 8 months. So she decides to tell a really mundane story bit by bit over 17 years. OK LET ME LEAVE MY REALISM TIME MACHINE.

None of the shows relationships are remotely believable. It's so far out of reality it's absurd. This is fine if thoe show deliberately using absurdity to highlight a point, or if the absurdity is even funny.

A cameo from Mike Tyson isn't funny. Har har har .. it's Mike Tyson.

The only reason i watch this show anymore is because i wish to see who the mother is. I know i should stop watching, i know, but the ending is close enough.
I loved this.

I feel thats what most fans of the show are feeling as well. Sometimes with some episodes I just think I give it a little too much appreciation simply for being How I Met Your Mother. If I jumped into the show on this season or the past, I probably would not continue. Honestly, first 3/4 seasons were amazing, now its more cheese less laughs.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote