View Single Post
02-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
Yeah i meant to say Canada will steamroll Norway and Austria and will beat Finland. We happen to disagree, but i think Sweden and Finland are a step below Russia, USA and Canada. I could be wrong, especially since they have terrific goaltenders and i still remember how well Hasek played in 1998, so you can definetly not count them out. Time will tell, but maybe if Finland was still a part of Sweden like 200 years ago, they would definetly be the favourites (LOL). Maybe Czechs and Slovaks can send one team as well in 2014. Other than that, it is still a battle between Canada, USA and Russia for the top spot.
I'm sorry this isn't correct at all. I don't think you've really seen the Swedes play or that team compete for their country. Fin's are a bit similar too.

Those guys will walk through fire covered in gasoline for Olympic gold. Their compete level is higher than the US and Canada in the Olympics. They love playing for their country.

This is Olympics is a crap shoot. Anyone of the top 7 teams wouldn't surprise me at all.

-Canada's not as good as 2010. Possible regression. I'm only saying this because they are the best team. There's no place to go but down from here unless they even keel it out.
-USA's definitely improved exactly as projected. One of the top teams
-Sweden's got an unbelievable mix of responsible forwards, young and veteran, and the best Goaltender in the world
-Russia doesn't have their best team but this Olympics in Russia. Russians playing in Russia on large ice=possibly averaging 5 goals a games