View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Irrespective of what numbers they need to break even, I actually thought a sales target of 18500 was very conservative. They should beat it easily.

Early summer, after Saputo opened, there were a number of weakly attended games(17k, 12k, 14k, 12k, 15k and lastly 15k on July 18th) but after they added the ticket packs and Di Vaio and Nesta came in, plus natural momentum, we pretty much sold out every game.

After July 18th its 19.4k, 18.5k, 19.4k, 20k, 20.5k, 20k

All the Bolded games are sellouts, since the stadium's north end stands were not complete till september.

Official seated capacity is 20,341

Given the numbers they need to turn a profit, I wonder how fast ticket prices will rise? They are already some of the highest in the league.
It will depend on whether the impact will offer promos later on. I know a lot of ppl waiting for the promos. If they have to offer promosmeven at 18500 avg they might not break even.

Regardless of that I dont think Saputo's objective as the mpact owner is to make money out of this team, he's already got a lot of money, his objective is to have a competitive team every year while making sure not to lose money. Unless a huge sponsorship offer, we might never see a 5 millions a year type of DP in Montreal.