View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Seen Kings games in Edmonton and Winnipeg.

It was not great in Edmonton. There was several other Kings fans, but it was not great treatment from the Oiler fans. Got challenged to fights several times, although I managed to avoid getting beer spilt on me.

Funny story actually. I was at a Kings game in Edmonton a few years ago. It was a decent enough section with a few Kings fans, including two right in front of me. So I talking to them a fair bit. Nice people. My buddy I was with was not a Kings fan, so I was telling him about the team. Our #7 D at the time was Nathan Dempsey. I was not happy with him, and he made several really bad mistakes and I was beaking him pretty hard all game. In the 3rd period I decided to ask how the people in front me how they became Kings fans. It was Nathan Dempsey's cousin and her husband... Did not know he was from Spruce Grove, right outside Edmonton.

It was better in Winnipeg last year. Not too many Kings fans, but it was a lot of fun. Everybody was good. It probably helped that as season ticket holder for the Jets I knew everybody around me, so although I had my Kings jersey on it was a good time. But even going in and out and concessions people were much better and friendlier than Edmonton, nobody shouting insults or trying to fight me, 15000 vs 1 like EDM.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-14-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote