View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I'm sorry this isn't correct at all. I don't think you've really seen the Swedes play or that team compete for their country. Fin's are a bit similar too.

Those guys will walk through fire covered in gasoline for Olympic gold. Their compete level is higher than the US and Canada in the Olympics. They love playing for their country.

This is Olympics is a crap shoot. Anyone of the top 7 teams wouldn't surprise me at all.

-Canada's not as good as 2010. Possible regression. I'm only saying this because they are the best team. There's no place to go but down from here unless they even keel it out.
-USA's definitely improved exactly as projected. One of the top teams
-Sweden's got an unbelievable mix of responsible forwards, young and veteran, and the best Goaltender in the world
-Russia doesn't have their best team but this Olympics in Russia. Russians playing in Russia on large ice=possibly averaging 5 goals a games
I don't buy your argument re: Canada and possible regression. When you add players the caliber of Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares, Pietrangelo + a few others to a line-up that includes an even better and more accomplished Bergeron and Towes, then I see this as the best Canadian team since the NHL got involved. Not saying Canada is a lock to win gold, and it's quite possible they'll leave without a medal, single game elimination tournaments are always crap shoot. But your analysis is dead wrong.

The USA I don't see as being any tangibly better than they were in 2010, but still a solid gold medal contending team.

I agree with you on the Russians though. They don't have their best team, but on home-ice, a highly motivated team is always dangerous.