View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:21 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
Besides the fact that Karmanos never wanted to keep the team in Hartford, the biggest issue the Whalers faced was not getting a strong corporate support from the city. I still believe that if NHL hockey were to work in the state of CT, then any potential ownership group who is looking to build an arena (b/c one is obviously definitely needed) should be looking in the New Haven area. It is closer to the Fairfield County big money and is more accessible then Hartford to the state as a whole. I also believe that the smart thing to do would have been to try to convince the Islanders to come here instead of Brooklyn. It would have been a long shot but I think in the long run would be a better option for that franchise than the Barclays Center.
hate to say it, but New Haven has seen its best days pass them by, Icedog, the Coliseum was abandoned, then imploded in favor of the Webster Bank Arena complex (Bridgeport Bluefish/Sound Tigers), and the Islanders chose Brooklyn because Nassau and its adjacent County of Suffolk failed to approve what had been deemed the Lighthouse project as a replacement for NCVMA.