View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:31 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
Yeah i meant to say Canada will steamroll Norway and Austria and will beat Finland. We happen to disagree, but i think Sweden and Finland are a step below Russia, USA and Canada. I could be wrong, especially since they have terrific goaltenders and i still remember how well Hasek played in 1998, so you can definetly not count them out. Time will tell, but maybe if Finland was still a part of Sweden like 200 years ago, they would definetly be the favourites (LOL). Maybe Czechs and Slovaks can send one team as well in 2014. Other than that, it is still a battle between Canada, USA and Russia for the top spot.
I see no reason to think that Sweden won't be more dangerous than USA. Big ice favours them obviously, Lundqvist is the best goaltender, if Karlsson is healthy they should have a better defence and they should have a superior top two lines. USA has better depth, but I am skeptical about how some of their forwards will do on big ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
just like in 1994 and 2006?
I will never understand Swedes bringing up 1994 as if it was relevant. You do realize that winning the Olympics that year was basically a meaningless hockey accomplishment, right? Canada sent a terrible team and almost managed to win, just about tells you all you need to know with regard to the 1994 Olympics.