View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
The thing is, many players themselves have spoken about how important it is to have those kind of guys. So that kinda invalidates everything you just said.

Having a tough guy gives a trickle-down effect. Everyone else gets a little bit tougher. All of a sudden Prust and Moen can fight middleweights if a message needs to be sent.
I don't believe that it has much effect.
Maybe if you have big tough guys on pretty much every line, sure. Otherwise, I don't believe it changes anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure players rather have one than not, why wouldn't they?
But I think it has very little effect on the actual game. That doesn't mean that it never has an effect, it could, but I think it's a lot more rare than what people think.

They hold a purpose, but is it to the point where it will change the position of your team in the standings over a season? I don't think so.

But, as I said, on our team, considering we have Weber and Kaby in the box, might as well try to move one and bring an enforcer. These two guys aren't playing unless an injury happens or someone plays real bad.