View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 07:40 AM
longtimeoilfan

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
The one thing I really admired about Gagner is his ability and his determination to not let himself down.

For all the criticism he gets and his physical shortcomings, he works his butt off to overcome these.

You can never underestimate a player's heart, work ethic, and determination despite their physical limitations. That is why I think keeping him here for the young players to look up to him as a role model is a good idea.

In the first episode of Oil Change, I loved where they showed Gagner mentoring Yakupov.
So, now he is the little steam engine that could... . For all his determination and work ethic, he still sucks at the primary responsibility(s) of a center.

Most people critical of Gagner-at-center want him to remain with the team. Play him on wing, take advantage of his heart (no one doubts that), and put him in a position to succeed.

And "R", I am not doubting that there is discord on the club... and, as I mentioned above, I am not advocating trading Gagner - granted, I would if the return were there, I just don't see him as a fit at center.

What I find especially amusing is the sympathetic 'root for the under-dog' mentality of many pro-Gagner people. That in itself is telling.

longtimeoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote