View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
You make a decent argument, but I don't buy it. Again, Canada 2014 will be a better team than 2010, but that doesn't guarantee squat. Neidermyer is loss. minus Pronger or Iginla on big ice? No. They meant little to a veteran heavy team in 2006. In fact if Pronger were still playing today and at the top of his game, I wouldn't include him going to Sochi.
More talented team? Yes. Better team? No. I was just putting it in the context at the state of things in 2010 and not comparing it to today. Veteran presence is a huge part of the Olympics in my opinion. In a short tournament everything is fresh in the players' minds. I don't think it can be understated. And I would not consider that team too veteran heavy. You guys won the Gold Medal, there is not platinum so that's the standard.

The only argument I have for Canada possibly being better is about the larger ice surface. It changes the game and give players like Grioux or Pietrangelo mores space and it really helps them. The good thing is with players like Tavares and Pietrangelo having been awesome WJC players helps.

Then again Tavares on the big ice doesn't necessarily play into his style of game.