View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 09:15 AM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

vCash: 500
This is a good analysis by my friend Inferno, and I think its a blessing for the Rangers if they take advantage of it. With all the new faces and no camp this team has had to weather the storm through a very tough first 12 games. And here they are with a winning record, 7-3 in their last 10 and games in hand on 7 teams in the conference. And thats while they've been pretty inconsistent, probably playing a full 60 minute game only once or twice (if that).

I always felt that its better to have a tough schedule early on to force your team to respond quickly, buy into the system and keep their level of play up every night. It sets the standard for the year, and I truly think the Rangers feel they havent hit that bar yet.

No game is easy, but they don't play a true elite team until they visit the Penguins in mid-March. Thats 14 games folks. And only one back to back set in there (Isles, Ottawa).

The most important thing for this team, especially over the next 11 (8 home games) - and this is REALLY important - is to not let up, not play down to their opponents levels. Teams like Caps and Jets (they play each of them twice in that span), while certainly not cake-walk games, will test the Rangers killer instinct. Its very important that they raise their game even further now and really take advantage of the "easy" portion of their schedule.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote