View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 08:36 AM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Nelson > Lee

Lee's man strength advantage disappears in the AHL, and even moreso in the NHL...not that Anders will be pushed around, but he just won't have as much time and space because the opposition on average will be bigger, stronger, and tougher than in the NCAA. His skating will be more of an issue in both those leagues too...Lee produces primarily from 5-10 feet in front of the net...

Nelson doesn't just live off his size, though he has that too. Nelson's offensive and defensive awareness is higher...passing and set-up ability better...

Now I love Lee, but he's not in the same class as Nelson imo
I'm not really debating Lee vs Nelson. My posts have been more along the lines of 'no roster spots are guaranteed to any prospects at this point, nor will they be until the completion of camp next year. To that point, my caution to the board was to simply not just assume Nelson makes the team over and/or in place of Lee.

As for me thinking aloud about a potential Lee-Tavares-Strome line? I was simply looking at player attributes and skill sets and trying to match them as best as possible according to our organizational depth chart. It wasn't an indictment on Nelson, as I said, I wasn't ranking talent.

Nelson is more comparable to Strome than he is Lee anyway. Lee is a power forward the other 2 are not. Nelson and Strome have very similar games and are both aprox 190 lbs. Nelson is just taller. Other than that they are pretty much the same player. Strome is more explosive and Nelson has outstanding reach/range. There are other subtle differences but they are very compatible. So much so that if Nelson can prove that he can anchor a productive 2nd line in the NHL then it makes sense to potentially try Strome on Tavares wing. And if that happens I want, no Demand a power forward on their line. Ergo Lee the best power foward in the organization.

Now you have my full rationale.