Thread: Proposal: Col-Buf (O'Reilly)
View Single Post
Old
02-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeurekasky View Post
So in an earlier post, I was perhaps a little ignorant of O'Reilly's value, but I have now done my research and seen the error of my ways. I would offer the following:

Stafford-or-Ennis
Girgensons

O'Reilly
2nd
I'd have to imagine that if you were giving Colorado that either-or proposition, Ennis would be the resounding winner. Ennis-Girgensons is a very good haul for ROR, especially when you consider Ennis has 3.5 more years of team control, and Colorado would have 6.5 years of control over Girgensons. Zemgus, if he pans out, could potentially replace a bit of what Colorado lost with O'Reilly. Given his work ethic, he'll probably be a good NHL player in a year or two.

If that's the framework, I'd rather take out the 2nd and ask for one of their young goaltenders. They've got Varly, and I'd imagine one of Pickard or Aittokallio will be the backup after Giguere moves on. I don't think Enroth is a long-term answer in Buffalo, nor are Knapp/Lieuwen, so I'd like to add one of those guys in this trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I'd include Myers at this point. His staggering fall has made him at least to the point if talkable
As I said on Page 1 three weeks ago, I would've offered Myers then and I would offer him now and I'd offer him three weeks from now. But one has to wonder if Colorado would want that contract. On the other hand, with his $10m signing bonus already delivered, the Avs would owe him $26.5m (plus the pro-rated portion of his $2m salary this year) over the next six years. If you look at it in those terms (Myers for 6yrs/$26.5m) is palatable, especially if he can regain his form and keep it consistently.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote